What is your rating system?
Our rating system is based on 5 stars, broken down as follows:
- 5 Stars: The movie is well worth seeing in the theater and we will make sure we buy this on DVD or Blu-Ray (from our affiliate, amazon.com of course) and watch it again and again.
- 4 Stars: The film is worth seeing in the theater, and we might buy it once it is released on video.Â If not, we’ll at least rent it to watch it again.
- 3 Stars: Probably not worth spending $10 on a ticket + $12 for popcorn and a Diet Coke, but still worth renting.Â Add this one to your rental list!
- 2 Stars: Not worth spending money on this one.Â You should probably just wait until it’s on TV and watch it then.Â (Unless it has Matthew McConaughey, whoo!)
- 1 Star: Don’t waste your time. We did it for you.
Why Chick Flicks?
We all love (or at least enjoy) chick flicks!Â But when it came to finding a place online to talk about them, we weren’t able to find any worthwhile sites.Â The few that we did find were either a single person’s view, or just a few girls who enjoyed chick flicks.Â We didn’t want that… so we created a community of women who have come together, not only for their love of chick flicks, but for their love of movies in general!
Where do you find time to review so much?
Simple: there are quite a few of us.Â If we all watch at least one movie and write one review per week, the site can post a new review every day.Â This gives the site a set of diverse opinions, and gives you a reason to keep coming back.
How can I become a staff member?
If you’d like to be part of our team, just head over to our contact page and shoot us a message.Â We’re not always looking for more help, but at least we’ll know you’re interested for the future!
Do you guys like coffee?
Yes!Â In fact, we’re all addicted.
How long after midnight do I have to wait to feed my Mogwai?
Until sunrise, obviously.
What’s the goal of Chick Flick Reviews?
We’re on a mission to become the best resource for chick flicks on the internet.
How do you determine what a “Retro Review” is?
If something was made in or prior to 2000, we coin it as a “Retro Review.”Â Why 2000? We don’t know.